Put the Popcorn Time APK on your Firestick. In this guide, I’ll show you how to put Popcorn Time on FireStick. The steps in this guide also work for Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, and Fire TV Stick 4K.
Important: Popcorn Time is an app that works with torrents. It saves a cache of the videos on your device before you play them. You must have enough space on your device to watch the content. When you close the app, the downloaded cache is deleted automatically.
Popcorn Time is a website that lets you watch free movies and TV shows. The app has a good selection of content that you can stream in up to 1080 Full HD. Even though this app is mostly made for Android phones, it works fine with FireStick and Android TV Boxes in the living room.
Since Popcorn Time doesn’t work perfectly with the FireStick remote, I suggest installing Mouse Toggle to make it easier to interact with and move around.
How to Install Popcorn Time on FireStick
FireStick won’t let you download APK files from browsers for some reason. So, you need a supporting app that makes it possible to sideload on your FireStick.
Most of the time, I use these two apps:
- Downloader (free)
- ES File Explorer (not recommended as it costs $9.99 per month)
In this guide, I’ll explain how to set up both of them.
Note: Only one of the two apps is needed to install Popcorn Time on FireStick. Instructions don’t need to be followed for either
You’ll need to download the sideloading app from the Amazon Store first. You can put any of them on your computer. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the FireStick search page (it is in the top-left corner on the home screen – the lens icon)
- Enter the name of the app you want to get (Downloader or ES File Explorer)
- Click on the app’s name when it shows up in the search results below.
- Now, just follow the instructions on the screen to install the app you want.
Enable Apps from Unknown Sources
We’ll start giving instructions for installation soon. But before we move on, we need to make sure that “Apps from Unknown Sources” is turned on in the FireStick settings. This will let us add apps like Popcorn Time that are not made by Apple. What you should do:
From the home screen, go to the FireStick settings.
Tap My Fire TV
On the next screen, choose the item Developer Options.
Choose Apps from Unknown Sources and click on it (by default it is OFF)
Now, click on the Downloader app and turn it ON (or ES File Explorer if you are using that)
We can now start the process of installation.
Install Popcorn Time APK on FireStick Using Downloader
The easiest app for sideloading APKs on FireStick is Downloader. Here’s how to use this app to set up Popcorn Time:
1. Start the Downloader program
2. The “Home” option in the sidebar on the left must be selected by default. Click the middle address bar.
3. When a window with an on-screen keyboard appears, type https://www.firesticktricks.com/pct (or just firesticktricks.com/pct) into the URL field. Make sure you typed the URL correctly, and then click GO.
4. The Downloader will take about two to three minutes to get the Popcorn Time APK file.
5. Once the file is downloaded, Downloader will run it and start the installation process. Click the Install button in the bottom right corner.
6. Wait until the setup is done.
7. A message that says “App Installed” will let you know that the Popcorn Time app has been installed. You could click Open to start the app. But for now, click “Done” to return to the Downloader app.
8. Click “Delete,” which will get rid of the Popcorn Time APK file. The app has already been installed, so this file is useless. Clear out the limited space on the FireStick whenever you can.
9. Click “Delete” once more
You used the Downloader app to successfully put Popcorn Time on your FireStick.
There is a foolproof way to keep your ISP and the government from knowing what you do when you stream. You just need a VPN for Fire Stick that works well. A VPN will hide your real IP address, which is 2405:201:5809:481f:9482:5ded:e3a4:43b8, and help you avoid Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content restrictions based on where you live.
ExpressVPN is the fastest and safest VPN, and I use it and recommend it. It works with all kinds of streaming apps and is easy to set up on Fire TV or Fire Stick.
We don’t want people to break copyright laws. But what if you accidentally stream content from a source that isn’t legitimate? It’s not always easy to tell the difference between a legal source and an illegal one.
So, before you start streaming on your Fire Stick or Fire TV, let’s look at how to use ExpressVPN to keep other people from seeing what you’re doing.
Step 1: CLICK HERE to sign up for ExpressVPN. You can get your money back in 30 days. That is, you can use it for free for the first 30 days, and if you’re not happy with how it works (which is very unlikely), you can get your money back in full.
Step 2: Turn on your Fire TV Stick, then go to Find, then Search.
Step 3: Now, type “Express VPN” (without the quotes) into the search bar and choose ExpressVPN from the list of results.
Step 4: Click Download to put the ExpressVPN app on your Fire TV/Stick.
Step 5: Open the app and enter the login information you made when you signed up for ExpressVPN. Click Sign in.
Step 6: To connect to a VPN server, click the Power icon. So, that’s it. With the fastest and best VPN for FireStick, your connection is now safe.
Install Popcorn Time on Firestick Using ES File Explorer
As I said before, you don’t need to use this method if you’ve already installed Popcorn Time using the Downloader app. Or, if you are using ES File Explorer, you don’t need to use the Downloader method.
Note: ES File Explorer no longer lets you use sideloading for free. Only the $9.99 per month premium version has this feature.
I assume you have already installed ES File Explorer from Amazon Store by following the steps I gave earlier. Now, here’s how to use ES File Explorer to put Popcorn Time on a FireStick:
1. Open ES File Explorer. On the right side of the window, click the icon that looks like a downloader (as you see in the image below)
2. Go to the bottom menu bar and click the +New button.
3. You should now see a box that says Download and has two empty text fields. In the box that says “Path,” type https://www.firesticktricks.com/pct.
Put any name you want in the field that says “Name.” It won’t change what happens. For example, I went to PT. Click “Get It Now”
4. Let ES File Explorer connect to the server and download the Popcorn Time APK. It won’t take too long, just a few minutes.
5. Click Open file when the download is done.
6. When the following box comes up, click Install.
7. On the next screen, go to the bottom right and click Install.
8. Wait a minute or two for the app to be installed.
You will see a message that says “App Installed.”
Yes, you have successfully used the ES File Explorer app to set up the Popcorn Time app. If you want to run the Popcorn Time app, go ahead and click Open. If you want to get back to ES File Explorer and delete the Popcorn Time APK file, click “Done.”
When you use ES File Explorer to download files, they are saved in the FireStick’s Download folder. Here’s how to get to this folder from the ES Explorer app:
- On the left, click the Local menu.
- There are two options for Home under the Local menu. Click on the next one.
- The Download folder will be on the right.
How to Access and Use the Popcorn Time App on FireStick
You’ve probably noticed that when you install an app on your FireStick, it doesn’t show up on the home screen. Your Apps & Channels is where you can find the new apps. Follow these steps to get to Popcorn Time and add it to your home screen:
- Hold down the Home button on the remote until a new window with a full screen appears.
- Click on Apps to go to Your Apps & Channels.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Popcorn Time app icon.
- The app can now be run from here. Go to the next step if you want to move Popcorn Time to the top of the home screen.
- Press the remote’s menu button.
- When you see this popup (see picture below) on the bottom right, click Move (or you may click Move to Front to place the app as the first item in the first row ahead of all other apps)
- Now, move the Popcorn Time app to one of the top three rows so that it shows up on the FireStick home screen.
Let’s learn more about Popcorn Time.
When you open Popcorn Time, you might see this message asking you to share the app with other people. Click Share if you want to send it to someone else, or press the back button on your remote to go back to the app’s home screen.
This is the app’s main screen. By default, it shows Movies. In the settings, you can change the default to TV Shows, Anime Movies, or Anime TV Shows.
Popcorn Time is not always easy to use with a remote. Install Mouse Toggle on FireStick to have a better time.
Press the menu button on your remote to bring up the menu. Here’s what you can do.
Popcorn Time is a good app that has a good collection of movies, TV shows, and anime. It was mostly made for Android phones, so it doesn’t work perfectly well with a remote. With Mouse Toggle, you can get more out of an app.
Legal Disclaimer: FireStickTips.com does not check the legality or safety of any add-ons, apps, or services mentioned on this site. Also, we don’t promote, host or link streams with copy protection. We are very against piracy, and we tell our readers to stay away from it at all costs. When we talk about free streaming on our site, we only mean content that is in the Public domain and doesn’t have any copyrights. Read the whole thing.
FireStickTips.com is a blog that is paid for by its readers. If you buy something after clicking on a link on our site, we may get a commission. Find out more.